Hi there! Glad to have you here!
We are Sparks Hostel, the coziest hostel in town. We started our activities on August 2017 and we are really proud of what we have accomplished so far. Not only because of the awesome reviews and high rates we keep getting from our lovely guests, but specially because we were able to meet so many nice people from all over the world, share stories and experiences and have lots of fun. And we keep learning and listening, so we can offer the best hostel experience possible!
We are perfectly located, only 300m from the Rotterdam Central Station and walking distance from the main touristic spots in town. Think of the Cube Houses, Markthal, Euromast, Erasmus Bridge and many more. Just a couple of meters from the hostel you can find a supermarket (with an ATM), a laundry, a movie theater, many restaurants, shops and bars. Public transport (metro, tram, bus and train) and parking garages are also available at walking distance from the property.
And have you seen our beds? Our guests love them (specially the stairs to the upper ones)! They are specially designed to offer you more comfort and privacy during your stay. Enjoy your favorite Netflix show while laying in bed or go to our cozy lobby to do some work (or simply to relax), our free high-speed WiFi works perfectly throughout the whole hostel. Want to show your cooking skills? Check out our guest kitchen! It is 24/7 available and has all the equipment you need to prepare delicious hostel dishes or to simply warm up your supermarket meals.
Special requests or any question?
Call us, send us an e-mail or simply ask one of our team members!
We will be happy to help you!
Check our FAQ for further info.
Spark your visit to Rotterdam
by staying with us!
- 24/7 reception
- Free high-speed WiFi
- Free luggage storage
- Free city maps
- 24/7 fully equipped guest kitchen
- All rooms ensuite & air conditioned
- All bathrooms fitted with hair dryers
- Free bed linen and towels
- Free luggage lockers in the rooms (make sure you bring your own padlock)
- Book swap
- Board games
- Spacious and cozy lobby
Check-in: from 15:00 / Check-out: until 11:00
Room card deposit: € 10, (pay in CASH or through authorization on the credit card).
We offer a complimentary BREAKFAST BAG for guests staying in one of our private rooms.
For guests staying in one of our dorms, a breakfast bag can be bought for € 7,50 p.p. (please order it the day before).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Cancellation of your booking can be made up to 48 hours prior to arrival. Deposits and commissions paid while making the booking will not be refunded. In the case of a NO-SHOW, your credit card is charged for the 1st night of your stay, the rest of that booking will be cancelled. In case you have made the total payment, the same rule is applied and the remaining amount is refunded. VAT (9%) and City Tax (6.5% per person per night) are not included.
General Booking Conditions
- Bookings can only be made with a MasterCard, Visa credit card, AMEX or Union Pay. The booking will not be processed if the card name does not match the guest name. Maximum stay is 7 nights. Upon arrival, you can pay with your credit card/bank card or cash.
- The total amount of your reservation must be paid before or on arrival time.
- When you have made a reservation over the internet and you wish to extend your stay, you have to make a second, separate reservation for the extending date(s). If there is no online availability on the extended dates, it means that all our beds are booked. You can then try to extend your stay when you arrive at the hostel.
- Bookings with more than 16 people are considered to be a group booking.
- Check-in starts at 3 PM. Reception is open 24/7.
- During check in we will ask 10 euros cash DEPOSIT for your room key (you can pay in cash or through an authorization on your credit card – be aware that debit cards are not accepted for that purpose).
- Check-out is until 11 AM. In case you have a late train/ plane/ bus/ torpedo to catch, we can storage your luggage for free.
- Further, we also ask you to kindly bring to the reception the towels you have used from your room.
Confirmation of the booking
- After making a reservation you will receive an e-mail with your booking details and confirmation number. Make sure you bring this confirmation with you to the hostel.
- If you do not receive a booking confirmation, you do not have a booking. In that case, contact us as soon as possible.
Reservations by e-mail (for GROUPS ONLY)
- When you make a reservation by e-mail you always receive a confirmation number from our staff.
- If you do not receive a personal response from our staff, that means that your requested booking has not been confirmed.
- When making an online booking or via email, credit card details are necessary to secure the booking.
Changes in existing bookings
- Changes to existing DIRECT bookings (through our website) can be made up to 48 hours prior to arrival; this can only be done by email. You will then receive a personal email confirming the requested change. If you do not receive this confirmation, your change has not been processed.
- For bookings made through online travel agencies, such as Booking.com, please make your changes through their platforms.
- Bookings of more than 16 people are considered to be group bookings and will therefore only be able to be made via direct contact with the Hostel.
- We do not allow large groups of men (9 or more), Sports tours, Stag Nights, Soccer fans in the city for international or national matches.
- You must provide the right information about what type of ‘Group’ you wish to make a reservation for, in case this is somewhat falsely given, the management is in the right to cancel the booking.
We are glad to welcome you to Sparks Hostel and we hope that you will enjoy your stay with us. In order to ensure calm, safe and relaxed atmosphere, the house rules stated below will be applied to all of our guests.
General House Rules
- Valid photo identification in the form of an ID card, Passport or Driver License (EU citizens only) is required at check-in.
- Guests are required to conduct themselves in a reasonable and responsible manner at the Hostel and must not act in any way which may disturb other guests. Failure to adhere to this requirement may result in Guests being asked to leave the Hostel in which event all charges and additional charges shall become immediately payable by the Guest.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the Hostel and only in the designated smoking areas. Smoking indoors will result in a fine of €300,-.
- Guests are responsible for taking care of their belongings. Sparks Hostel will not be responsible for any loss or damaged caused at the Hostel. The Guest may be liable for Sparks Hostel reasonable cost of repairing, cleaning or replacing any property of Sparks Hostel which is damaged, soiled or lost by a Guest.
- No animals are allowed in the Hostel with the exception of guide dogs.
- Sparks Hostel does not accept bookings made by those under the age of 18. Underaged cannot stay in any shared rooms, however, they can stay in private rooms when accompanied by an adult over 18 years. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in automatic cancellation with no refund given.
- Visitors who are not staying in the Hostel are only allowed at the lobby (going to the upper floors/rooms/dorms is NOT allowed).
- Please be considerate towards other visitors, especially when you are using electronic media (we kindly ask you to use earphones when listening to music/ watching series/ doing video calls etc.). The quiet time for sleeping is from 11 PM. to 7 AM. Out of courtesy to fellow guests, please be quiet during this time.
- It is forbidden to consume food and beverages of any kind in the shared rooms.
Alcohol & Drugs
- Consuming excessive amounts of alcohol within the premises of the Hostel is strictly prohibited. The management reserves the right to confiscate alcohol found on the premises.
- It is prohibited to bring weapons of any kind into the hostel unless you are a ninja, which you are likely not.
- Illicit drugs of any kind will not be allowed or tolerated in the hostel
- Food may only be prepared and eaten in the designated areas.
- You are responsible for the cleaning of the kitchen’s counter, floor, and appliances used for the preparation of your meals after you are done, and this also includes the fridge.
- We offer labels that you can stick to your food. Please use it, otherwise other guests might eat it or it will be thrown away, and you will be hungry and grumpy!